Thursday, July 23, 2009

Will "Golf Fever" Pass on to the Next Generation?

It has been a crazy summer so far but I think things are slowing down now other then Kaylan is heading to Colorado next month for work so I will have Katie and Bradley more. But that is not what this post is about, we will get to that later. This is all about Bradley!
Grandpa Dan bought Bradley his own set of golf clubs. He has to have his own since he is the only Lefty in the family. I think maybe Grandpa is trying to stock pile golf partners so he will always have someone to go with.
Here is the dude with his clubs and a bucket of balls.



Grandpa shows him how to hold the clubs and how to swing.
After a few swings and misses Bradley told me that it's a lot easier to golf when it's a game like the WII. He never got frustrated but was surprised that it was so hard.



Here he is swinging quite like a pro. He didn't want to keep figuring out the grip so I kept teeing up the balls for him and he would hit them.
<

a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgeEZYVaqdyKbIf4RdYGt2qdTuf5J5g33T6kOCKb3-xMIutEDA9V8ExG9-UvUutQ60OvwpzwTCfw2eMsuNahATYDlbUJh3Rx7T9vuWrZ_zNXKN-RWxbCgEk5esLBk2X2skxMUJajfXpNLU/s1600-h/DSCF2235.jpg">

Brent and Sarah joined us and we played a round. Bradley hit now and then and putted. He was also all to happy to drive Brent around the course. Brent enjoyed it to except when Bradley drove right over his ball...oooops!



Here he is on the 8th hole, does he look like he's had a fun time???


6 comments:

Jen said...

How great that Bradley has a grandpa who wants to teach him how to golf. It looks like a great way to spend time together. When I was a kid driving the golf cart was always my favorite part too. Come to think of it, driving the cart was the only thing I liked about golfing!

Grandmajoann said...

Oh my gosh! Is he ever cute. Way to go Bradley. Keep at it you will be a pro someday. And, how nice that Dan will take time to teach him. Golf can always be a family occasion.

Ang said...

I love a grandpa who stock piles golf partners! Bradley is looking good out there. Liv has the same kind of attitude as Bradely... she is pretty patient with it. Lex on the other hand, with all her athletic ability, has NO desire and is easily frustrated with it ...but still loves to drive the cart too!

Sheryl said...

I am right there with him on the driving the cart thing, it is a lot of fun.

The best part of the golfing I used to do was getting to go to dinner afterward!

I'm thinking if you all take Bradley often enough, the gene will certainly pass on.

Davis Valley Classic said...

You haven't updated your blog in quite a while, it has made me sad :( I don't know that I added you to mine, it went private. If you want an invite, email me at mikeandkira@yahoo.com and I'll send you one. I can't believe Bradley is big enough to golf. It makes me feel old!

Sheryl said...

Gonna be tough to golf with that bil ole bandage on the finger!